For all sports, all the time
By: Cameron Mellor
August 5, 2014
In light of the school year officially beginning this week, Digital Scout has announced big plans for the 2014-15 calender year. Starting with the fall sports season, all of Digital Scout's statistical tracking software for each sport will be available for schools to use free of charge.
Digital Scout, the nation's leader in high school sports stat tracking since 1995, has over 11,000 schools across the country using one or more of their products. From football to basketball, soccer to track & field, the Digital Scout stat-tracking software is driven to aid coaches of all sports. Created by coaches, for coaches, Digital Scout allows schools to track their stats on-the-go, live using our state-of-the-art mobile apps.
Schools can track their stats live and analyze play and game results in real time, during or after the game. Digital Scout offers football, basketball, baseball, softball and volleyball mobile apps as well as software for your PC for soccer, hockey and track & field.
Digital Scout is a division of PlayOn! Sports, the nation's premier high school sports media company.
The software used to pay for itself but now with no costs on the school's end to use, is a sure no-brainer for schools to use. The reviews speak for themselves:
"I'd like to thank Digital Scout for their product: Digital Scout Basketball," Wonderview High School (Ark.) head basketball coach Jerod Squires wrote. "We've used it the past five years and it has had a tremendous effect on the success of our basketball program."
Basketball isn't the only sport, sporting rave reviews:
"We have been using Digital Scout Football for three seasons now, the program works great," Eureka High School (Mo.) head football coach wrote. "Coaches are amazed with the detailed summary of game stats available during and after the game."
Coaches and/or Athletic Directors can sign up for free for the 2014-15 seasons by clicking right here and navigating to their desired sport: Digital Scout Account Creation.
Happy tracking and good luck to all schools this season!
Acquisition creates ultimate fan experience for High School Sports
By: Digital Scout Staff
May 9, 2014
Digital Scout, the nation's leader in high school statistical software and apps, became a part of the nation's leading high school sports media company when PlayOn! Sports purchased Digital Scout this past February.
PlayOn! manages the day-to-day operations of the NFHS Network which captures the passion, pride, and energy of the high school experience by delivering live high school sports and events to family members and fans whenever they want, wherever they are through www.NFHSnetwork.com, as well as mobile apps. The NFHS Network is a joint venture among the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), its member state associations and PlayOn! Sports.
“We are very excited about joining the PlayOn! Sports team,” Digital Scout CEO, Nathan Heerdt said. "We are thrilled to join an organization that has the same passion and excitement for high school sports and its fans as we do."
Digital Scout Football stat-tracking apps will be free again this year for all high school coaches. We'll also be working hard to upgrade and include live stat-tracking in more of our apps for volleyball, baseball/softball, soccer and more in the coming months.
Starting this August, Digital Scout will offer more opportunities to increase fan engagement with Digital Scout products by integrating our DS Football and DS Basketball live stats on the NFHS Network site to accompany the live video coverage. With the combination of live gamecasts and live video events, the NFHS Network will have the most comprehensive coverage of high school sports in the country.
Thanks for being a part of the Digital Scout coaching family. We're working hard to keep improving our products and supporting your continued success!
By Dan Fronczak
May 1, 2014
As a coach, I know your time is limited. Creating and analyzing your team's statistics can be cumbersome - but it does not have to be that way.
We recognize that everyone is clamoring for you to post your stats and scores to the paper, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. - and they all want it yesterday!
With that in mind, here are six tips for stat tracking made easy. They will save you time off the field while appeasing your media friends in the process.
1. Track stats on a mobile device. The only people using pen and pad anymore are in the newspaper business...enough said.
2. Track stats live. Track your stats once and be done with it. No need to go back in and watch film to track stats. This will free you up to watch film and focus on technique and making your team better.
3. Get your scores out to the community. Make sure the app you use to track stats publishes your box scores to your approved sources (newspapers, state associations). Engage your fans and community with live play-by-play and increase fan support.
4. Create a list of all the people who you would customarily share your statistics with. Your coaching staff needs stats after the game. Also think of your media, parents, players, grandparents, college coaches, the mayor, mailman, whomever. Sending statistics to this group post game via your app will save you time and energy.
5. Make sure the app you use creates individual player statistics. Whether you have kids poised to play at the next level or you're tracking school records, you need individual player stats. Direct college coaches to a player's online page for authenticated stats that "YOU" created, and generate player reports during and after the season for every player on your team.
6. Make sure those player pages have the ability to upload video clips. There are some great video tools, as well as live streaming video companies out there. Make sure you have a program that has both authenticated statistics and the ability to upload video on one comprehensive platform.
For the extra point- Remember those social media friends? Some programs will let you post statistics, scores, and plays directly into your Facebook and Twitter pages (If you're into that kind of thing).
For the most trusted FREE stat tracking football App on the market: